We all know how busy the holiday season can be. With year-end deadlines at work, holiday parties and school performances on the calendar, endless shopping trips and all the holiday decorating, it may seem like the to-do list doesn’t end. The holiday season should be a joyful one and at Airrosti, we’re here to help ensure you’re feeling your best and a little less stressed during the holidays this year.
To feel merry & bright this season, follow the simple stretches and exercises outlined below to ease discomfort and feel refreshed. You can easily utilize these stretches and exercises while at work, at home, or while traveling. No equipment is needed, and it takes is just a few minutes a day. So, stretch it out on your next conference call, while dinner is in the oven, or after your next long commute. You’ll be feeling extra cheerful in no time!
*Stop immediately if you experience any pain, tingling, or difficulties performing this exercise.*
3 Way Seated Neck Stretch
- Start seated in a neutral position with shoulders back and down
- Secure your left hand under the seat of your chair.
- Tilt your head to the right, allowing the right ear to move to the right shoulder. Hold for 30 seconds. You should feel a stretch on the left side of your neck.
- Slowly rotate your nose toward your armpit. Hold for 30 seconds. You should feel a stretch in the left/back side of the neck.
- Then gently rotate your nose up towards the ceiling. Hold for 30 seconds. You should feel a stretch in the left/front side of the neck.
- Repeat on both sides!
- Stand next to a wall with open space. Place the palm of hand on the wall, making sure to keep the wrist and elbow parallel to the ground.
- Focus on keeping your shoulder blade down and back throughout the stretch.
- Slowly turn body away from the wall, while maintaining contact with the palm of your hand.
- Always work in a pain-free range of motion! Hold for 30-60 seconds, repeat on the other side. You should feel a stretch in your chest, shoulder, arm and/or hand.
Hip Flexor Stretch
- Start by standing behind a chair or up against a wall. Extend your right leg backward and plant your right foot.
- Turn the toes of your right foot slightly inward.
- Slowly lunge forward, while squeezing your right glute.
- Slightly tuck your hips to deepen the stretch in your thigh and hip flexors.
- To intensify, reach for the ceiling using your right arm (see photo).
- Hold the stretch for 30-60 seconds, then repeat on the left side!
- While sitting in a chair position ankles directly below knees, cross lower leg over opposite thigh.
- While maintaining an upright position, slowly lean upper body forward.
- Hold for 30-60 seconds.
- Repeat on opposite side.
Stay Jolly and Pain Free with Airrosti
We hope these simple exercises keep you happy and healthy throughout the holidays and into the new year. However, if nagging aches and pains are keeping you from doing what you love, Airrosti can help. Our providers accurately pinpoint the root of your pain and treat it directly at the source for immediate and lasting results. Based on patient-reported outcomes, most patients experience injury resolution in as few as 3.2 visits.
Don’t let pain slow you down this holiday season. Schedule your Airrosti appointment today!
View our medical disclaimer here.