Our Provider of the Month is Dr. Irene Val-Addo, DC. The only thing she loves more than visiting the beach is helping her patients resolve their injuries and get back to enjoying their lives. You can visit her at her practice in Allen, TX.
1) Where is your practice?
My practice is in Allen, TX.
2) Where are you originally from?
I was originally born in Ghana but grew up in Silver Spring, MD.
3) How long have you been with Airrosti?
I’ve been with Airrosti since March 2018.
4) Describe your favorite thing about your job.
My favorite thing about my job is getting to watch my patients improve from visit to visit. There’s something truly humbling about unlocking the body’s healing potential and seeing people move better, feel better, and perform better.
5) Describe your ultimate vacation?
Beach, sun, and lots of sleep. I love being outside, but there’s a special place in my heart for the revitalizing energy that the beach and the sound of waves give me.
6) What’s your favorite all-time favorite movie?
7) What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
I’ve had brain curry–which is exactly as it sounds: cow brain in gravy. I was slightly weirded out by the thought of it, but it was actually tasty. Seasoning and spices make everything better I guess. I’m glad to not have gotten some form of mad cow disease from that experience.
8) If you won a million dollars what would you do with it?
I would give a good bit of it to support my mother’s non-profit ministry in West Africa and build a medical clinic in my home town of Kumasi, Ghana. I’d also buy a Thai restaurant!
9) If you were given a yacht what would you name it and why?
Portisha II. My first car was named Portisha; it would only be right for my first yacht to be its junior.
10) What’s your favorite sport?
11) If you could have any super power, which would you choose and why?
Speed, so that I could accomplish everything on my to do list and have time to sit without thinking about what’s next on the list.
12) Finally, name one thing you couldn’t live without.
A ready supply of blankets. I hate being cold. Blankets are life.