We sent CrossFit Games athlete Sam Kwant your questions and he answered!
- Do you meal prep your own food? If so, what is your favorite go-to meal? – @mandaree9
I meal prep breakfast and lunch. My favorite go-to meal is a turkey sandwich.
- How do you know if you need to rest? – @bruxrope
I am still trying to figure out that one.
- What weaknesses have you been focusing on since the Games? – @richmartinezjr
I’ve been working on handstand push-up shoulder endurance.
- What’s your favorite CrossFit related memory? – @richmartinezjr
I would have to say double DT for sure.
- Would you rather be hairy all over or completely bald? – @racesouthworth
- What’s your athletic background and goals? – @robison2196
I ran 2 years of XC in high school. My biggest goal is to win the Games.
- What’s the best nickname for you? Which do you prefer “Turbo Baby” or “The Child”? – @royriley9113
I like both about the same.
- When did you start CrossFit and why? – @manu_dobon
I started in 2012 because I was getting tired of just running all the time.
- Tips on getting hips to the bar on msu? – @redrobin686
The best way would be to pop your hips at the right time, not to late and not to soon. And video yourself doing it and have your coach take a look at it to give you points.
- Pizza or burgers as a cheat meal? – @richmartinezjr
Pizza, no question.
- Would you rather fight Mike Tyson or talk like him for the rest of your life? – @racetheworth
I would fight him and hope not to die.