Heel pain can bring your day to a grinding halt. Here are 5 non-surgical, conservative treatment options for heel pain.
Surgery is often recommended as a last resort for those suffering from chronic or severe heel pain, after all other conservative options are exhausted. Before deciding to get surgery for your heel pain, try these 5 options first.
RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation
- Good primary care for acute, abrupt injuries, not as effective for chronic injury/pain.
- Anti-inflammatory medication, OTC pain relief medicine.
- Blocks the symptoms, doesn’t address cause.
- Reduces stress/pressure on soft tissues & bones in the feet.
- Provides arch support.
- Can reduce symptoms like inflammation & pain, but doesn’t address cause & only effective as long as you wear them.
Stretches and Exercises
- Can help correct underlying cause (stability, strength, or mobility issues, muscular imbalance.
- Not always guaranteed to work, more of a long-term treatment that needs to be performed daily.
- Needs guidance from an expert/doctor to know which exercises to do and when to ensure your exercise program is effective and will help you reach your recovery goals.
Airrosti: Conservative Heel Pain Treatment and Relief
If you’ve tried other conservative treatment options and still struggle with heel pain, our providers are here to help.
Schedule your Airrosti appointment today and get a customized treatment plan built for your needs.
At Airrosti, we are committed to helping you find and address your pain at the source for long-term relief. Because of our safe and effective approach to muscle and joint care, more than 88% of our patients report complete injury resolution, with most injuries resolved in an average of 3.2 visits (based on patient-reported outcomes.)
There’s absolutely no cost or obligation to schedule with Airrosti. Click here to schedule your complimentary VIP Chat today!