The holiday season is meant to be filled with festivities and celebration. However, end of year work deadlines, traveling, gift shopping, and other activities can fill your days with unwanted stress and tension, which can develop into aches and pains. When pain strikes, Airrosti is here to help you stay jolly!
To feel merry & bright this season, try utilizing the stretches and exercises below while at work, at home, or in-between traveling. These can be easily performed no matter what your plans are during the holidays. You’ll be feeling extra cheerful in no time!
*Disclaimer: Always consult with your doctor before starting any exercise program. If you experience any numbness, tingling, or reproduction of your symptoms, please contact your doctor.
3 Way Seated Neck Stretch
- Grab the bottom of your chair so it helps tack down that shoulder.
- Bring your shoulder blade back and down and make sure your head is in a neutral position.
- Bring your ear to the opposite shoulder, and remember you are feeling this stretch on the side of the neck.
- Then, rotate your nose down towards your armpit or towards the floor, and you will feel this more in the back side of the neck.
- Rotate your head up towards the ceiling, your nose is up towards that ceiling, and you are going to feel that more in the front portion of your neck.
- Hold each area stretch for 15 seconds, release and repeat for the other side.
- Complete 10 reps.
Hip Flexor Stretch
- Start by standing behind a chair or up against a wall. Extend your right leg backwards and plant your right foot.
- Turn the toes of your right foot slightly inward.
- Slowly lunge forward, while squeezing your right glute.
- Slightly tuck your hips to deepen the stretch in your thigh and hip flexors.
- To intensify, reach for the ceiling using your right arm.
- Hold the stretch for 30-60 seconds, then repeat on the left side.
- While sitting in a chair, position your ankles directly below your knees, cross your lower leg over your opposite thigh.
- While maintaining an upright position, slowly lean upper body forward.
- Hold for 30-60 seconds.
- Repeat on opposite side.
Stay Jolly and Pain Free with Airrosti
These simple exercises can help keep you happy and healthy throughout the holidays and into the new year. However, if nagging aches and pains are keeping you from doing what you love and enjoy, Airrosti can help. Our Providers get down to the root cause of your pain and treat it directly at the source for immediate, lasting results and providing you with a customized treatment plan and injury education.
View our Medical Disclaimer here.